Copyright: Erika Nagy
Csaba has studied music since the age of five, and started drumming at the age of seven. In the past forty years he has played in highly diverse musical environments: as a jazz drummer, Latin percussionist and session musician in classical concerts, contemporary and crossover productions, pop and theatre. Furthermore, he performs regularly with house bands of musical TV shows, talent contests and talk shows. For eleven years, he was the member of the house band of one of Hungary’s most popular late night shows, which drew millions of viewers.
Next to being a musician, Csaba is also a teacher, having received his Teacher’s Diploma in Jazz from the prestigious Franz Liszt Academy of Music, Budapest. He worked as a teacher at the Vienna Conservatory, Budapest, and also at the Jazz Drum faculty of Béni Egressy High School of Music (where he taught for twenty years). Currently he works as drum and percussion teacher at the Pálmai Drum Academy, Budapest.
Csaba is the member of several ongoing musical productions. His current bands include:
- Lucian Nagy & Balkumba Tribe (drums-percussion): an international group, with members from the UK, France, Italy and Romania - and Csaba, coming from Hungary.
- Budapest Voices (a capella + drums and multi-percussion): an unconventional vocal production, which rethinks songs to twelve voices and drums and percussion.
- Z-Drums percussion group (drums and percussion): this percussion group performs solo concerts as well as also being featured as guest on concert shows of well-known Hungarian bands, and festivals.
- Orsi Kozma Quartet (jazz) - drums
- Szandra Szőke Quintet (jazz) - drums
- Eszter Horgas & the Class Jazz Band – percussion
- Havasi Balázs Symphonic – percussion etc.
During Csaba’s career he has had the privilege to play alongside the following artists: Peter Erskine, Dave Liebman, Victor Bailey, Andrea Bocelli, George Duke, Christian McBride, Kenny Werner, Patrick Williams, Vince Mendoza, Paul De Castro, Munyungo Jackson, Johann Berby, Lucian Nagy, Balázs Havasi, Vince May, Tom Scott, Eddie Daniels, Johnny Griffin, Lee Harper, Ed Neumeister, Fritz Pauer, Tony Lakatos, José Cura and several others.
So far Csaba has been featured on more than fifty albums.
Band: Balkumba Tribe, Havasi Landmark World Tour